[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS JUNE 13th, 2008

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Jun 12 14:08:18 CDT 2008

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Prof.Skippito Hustonovitch
WEEK OF FRIDAY, JUNE 13th  thru THURSDAY, JUNE 19th ONLY!!
(That means the showtimes listed here are for NEXT WEEK!!)
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY:
THE INCREDIBLE HULK (PG13) Edward Norton - Liv Tyler

SPECIAL EVENT:
Richland-at-the- Avon FILM CLASSES RESUME Thursday, June 19th @ 6:30 PM for:
OVERLOOKED FILMS--Part 6

CONTINUING:
KUNG FU PANDA (PG)
SEX AND THE CITY (R)

COMING SOON:
JUNE 20th: GET SMART (PG13)
JUNE 27th: WALL-E (G)
JULY 4th: ???
JULY 11th: ???
JULY 18th: THE DARK KNIGHT (PG13)
JULY 18th: MAMMA MIA! (PG13)
JULY 25th: X-FILES: I WANT TO BELIEVE (PG13)
AUG 1st: THE MUMMY 3 (PG13)
...and MORE!!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TIGHTWAD TUESDAYS RETURN!!!
...except now they are called "Gas Crunch Tuesdays"...
BUT, the cost is still the same: $4.50 for ALL SEATS ON TUESDAY!!!
I am as sick and tired as you are at the abounding and unfettered price increases on everything
pertinent to our lives these days. The Avon has tried to hold the line on prices, but we get
constantly pressured by our operating costs going up and up!

All of you need to examine the ticket prices at the "other guys" and see for yourselves that
you really need to stick with the Avon for the best value!

*OUR MATINEE PRICE: $5.50
*"THEIR" MATINEE PRICE: $6.25

*OUR ADULT PRICE: $7.00
*"THEIR" ADULT PRICE: $8.00

PLUS, our snack bar items are less expensive, bigger sizes and better quality!
Are we NUTS or what?

BECAUSE NOW...ALL TUESDAY SHOWS ARE $4.50 FOR EVERYONE!!!

Indeed, the only sane reason to go to the "other guys" is if they are playing a movie
that we are not!
Otherwise, you are just wasting your hard-earned movie money, folks!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THE INCREDIBLE HULK (PG13) Marvel Comics has started making their own movies, starting with IRON MAN a few months back, and it's about time too! No more do we have to suffer through some "autuer's" lame interoperation of one of their characters (like Ang Lee's putrid vision of the HULK from just a few years ago), now, the Marvel folks themselves will attempt to do it right! They knocked one out of the park with IRON MAN, and indications appear they have another winner here! Edward Norton, one of our finest young actors, is excellent in the role!
THE INCREDIBLE HULK (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:00) - 7:00 - 10:00
SAT: (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00 - 10:00
SUN: (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
MON thru THURS: 7:15
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
KUNG FU PANDA (PG) Boy, is this a good time at the movie for all ages! You want to feel great? You want to feel like a kid again?? (Assuming that you already are not one, that is)...See this movie!! Even most of the smarty-pants critics have liked this one!

KUNG FU PANDA (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 7:00
SEX AND THE CITY (R) Alright, ladies...This getting close to the final weeks of this one, so you better get those sneakers in gear! AND...you guys: What are you waiting for? Sure, this is a "chick flick", but, trust me, there is quite a bit here for YOU too!

SEX AND THE CITY  (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
Come See Me Soon!!
I'll Be Looking for you and you and...YOU!!