[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS AUG. 1st, 2008

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Jul 30 11:34:43 EDT 2008

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, AUG 1st  thru THURSDAY, AUGUST 7th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY: THE MUMMY 3: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (PG13)

CONTINUING: THE DARK KNIGHT (PG13)
                  MAMMA MIA! (PG13)

COMING SOON: TROPIC THUNDER (R)
                    STAR WARS: The Clone Wars (PG)
HELP WANTED!!
That's right, we have openings for LOBBY STAFF
available for Fall / Winter!
Candidates must be available NIGHTS and WEEKENDS,
and HOLIDAYS, No Exceptions!
Must have dependable transportation.
18 years old and up, but we will consider as young as
16 depending on the applicant.
APPLY IN PERSON TO ASHLEY or SUE at the theater!
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
THE MUMMY 3 (PG13) Ok, folks, I got to confess here: I LOVED the MUMMY movies! I actually felt a little bit guilty about it, but...These movies are just pure FUN! I know that some of the fans are a bit steamed that Rachel Weisz is not in this one, but ya' got JET LI  and MICHELLE YEOH with MARIA BELLO taking over for Rachel, plus there's good ol' BRENDAN FRASER in the lead (as usual) and so many cool special effects the mind boggles! This is probably the last really big movie of a remarkable Summer season. Come and have some pure escapist fun!
THE MUMMY 3 (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
THE DARK KNIGHT  (PG13)  This incredible movie continues to break (and set) records all over the world, and is now in perfect alignment to possibly topple TITANIC as the biggest money-maker of all time! It won't be here for more much longer, so you better put those hush puppies in gear and make tracks to the Avon!
THE DARK KNIGHT  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 7:00

MAMMA MIA!  (PG13) As far as I am concerned, this can play for the entire next year if it continues to draw the crowds it still is after two weeks! This is the perfect "Avon movie", and it is no wonder we are drawing more patrons for it than the "other guys". The Avon has always been the Decatur leader when it comes to musicals, and the long list of past tune-filled successes proves that! Remember when THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA played an astounding 9 weeks? Remember when HAIRSPRAY kept packing them in long after other theaters had dropped it? What about DREAMGIRLS?? Same deal. CHICAGO? Check. MOULIN ROUGE? Check. There is just something about seeing such a happy movie at the Avon! (And for those of you who maybe saw it "somewhere else"; seeing it again at the Avon will be a much better experience, if you know what I mean.) Don't worry about what some smarty-pantz critics have said, and don't worry that it might be a "chick flick"; just come on and get happy!
MAMMA MIA!  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
A NOTE FROM SKIP...
As if I didn't have to remind you, this is Decatur Celebration weekend.
That means your usual easy parking at the Avon will be not so easy.
(It will be about on the same difficulty level as the "other guys" are all the time actually!)
You can handle it.
It is a minor inconvenience to support your favorite theater!

I know that many downtown establishments close shop on Decatur Celebration weekend rather than deal with the thundering hordes, but The Avon will be OPEN as usual!
And here's a secret tip: We have better and cheaper drinks and snacks than many of the vendors!
Feel free to stop in if only for popcorn or hot dogs or nachos or caramel corn or candy or cold drinks!

I'll be there all weekend and I hope to see ALL of YOU!!