[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Jul 17 00:47:15 EDT 2008

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, JULY 18th  thru THURSDAY, JULY 24th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY:
THE DARK KNIGHT (PG13) Batman is BACK!!
MAMMA MIA! (PG13) The All-Star Ultra-Happy Musical!!

CONTINUING:
HANCOCK (PG13) Hurry! Ends Soon!

COMING SOON:
JULY 25th: THE VISITOR (PG13) The Best Independent Film of the Year! (ONE-WEEK-ONLY!)
AUG 1st: THE MUMMY--PART 3 (PG13) The High-Adventure is Back!
HELP WANTED!!
That's right, we have openings for LOBBY STAFF
available for Fall / Winter!
Candidates must be available NIGHTS and WEEKENDS,
and HOLIDAYS, No Exceptions!
Must have dependable transportation.
18 years old and up, but we will consider as young as
16 depending on the applicant.
APPLY IN PERSON TO ASHLEY or SUE at the theater!
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
THE DARK KNIGHT (PG13) Now, I want you to take me absolutely serious here: Everything you have heard about this incredible film is TRUE and NOT "hype"! Yes, CHRISTIAN BALE makes you forget all the previous BATMAN incarnations, and yes, HEATH LEDGER's fabulous performance may win him a posthumous Oscar nomination (or win), but... Let's not lose sight of the fact that this is a TERRIFIC movie too! A well-crafted piece of high-adventure and action that is destined to go down in movie history! Big statement? Yup. Come see for yourself!

THE DARK KNIGHT  (PG13)

(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI, SAT, SUN & MON: (1:00) - (4:30) - 8:00
TUES, WED & THURS: 7:15
MAMMA MIA! (PG13) Man, I have been waiting for this one for a LONG time! For one: I love musicals! For another: I think the music of ABBA is pretty cool beans! Add in the setting on a gorgeous Grecian island, and the romantic premise of a wedding with three possible fathers of the bride invited, and you have an irritable movie even without the world-class cast!
BUT...Let's talk about that cast! MERYL STREEP, PIERCE BROSNAN, COLIN FIRTH and a whole bunch more!! (All singing and dancing too!)
What's not to like? GET TO THE AVON AND SEE THIS!!
MAMMA MIA!  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
MON: 7:00
TUES, WED & THURS: 6:40
HANCOCK (PG13) This is the last week for WILL SMITH's box-office smash about a drunken, but redeemable, super-hero! DON'T MISS IT!
HANCOCK (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
MON: 7:15
TUES & WED: 6:30
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NOTE FROM THE HEAD HONCHO...
Next week we are bringing in one of the highest-rated films of the year with THE VISITOR.
We will have it for ONE-WEEK-ONLY!
(We have a screen available for just that length of time).
Here is something of a less-than-mainstream nature that all of you art & indy fans have been clamoring about all Summer long!

It is a well-known fact that Hollywood releases very few films of the "art house" type during the Summer months.
Many of you blame it on US, and think we have abandoned the crowd that originally established the re-birth of the Avon almost 10 years ago...
This couldn't be further from the truth!

The fact is: The Summer "popcorn pictures" make us the money we need to operate during those Fall and Spring months when we are playing more of the "art" films!

However, whenever we have a chance, we DO pop in one of the artsy films even during the Summer!

NOW, DO YOUR PART AND SUPPORT "THE VISITOR"!
Show us that we are correct in continuing to service the art & indy crowd!

Come see a remarkable movie that has great reviews from over 90% of the nation's critics!
That is NEXT WEEK, July 25th!
BUT...
THIS weekend, we have the BIGGEST movie of the Summer with THE DARK KNIGHT, and the HAPPIEST MUSICAL of the Summer with MAMMA MIA!

Seeya at The Avon!!!!