[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS--JULY 11th, 2008

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Jul 10 16:10:41 EDT 2008

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, JULY 11th  thru THURSDAY, JULY 17th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY:
WANTED (R) ONE-WEEK-ONLY!! Angelina Jolie in heart-stopping action!

SPECIAL EVENT:
THE DARK KNIGHT (PG13) MIDNIGHT PREMIERE!!
THURSDAY, July 17th at MIDNIGHT: THE DARK KNIGHT (PG13)
BATMAN IS BACK!!!!!!
TICKETS FOR THE MIDNIGHT SHOW OF THE NEW BATMAN ON SALE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONTINUING:
WALL-E (G) ENDS SOON!!! HURRY!!!
HANCOCK (PG13)

COMING SOON:
JULY 18th: THE DARK KNIGHT (PG13)
JULY 18th: MAMMA MIA! (PG13)
AUG 1st: THE MUMMY 3 (PG13)
...and MORE!!!
HELP WANTED!!
That's right, we have openings for LOBBY STAFF
available for Fall / Winter!
Candidates must be available NIGHTS and WEEKENDS,
and HOLIDAYS, No Exceptions!
Must have dependable transportation.
18 years old and up, but we will consider as young as
16 depending on the applicant.
APPLY IN PERSON TO ASHLEY or SUE at the theater!
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
WANTED  (R) Here, right on the verge of two huge Summer movies opening, (THE DARK KNIGHT and MAMMA MIA!) we needed to consider what would be a good "tweener" movie to bring in so we could make sure our screens were positioned properly for them... This action/adventure spectacular couldn't be a better choice! We actually had quite a few requests for it when it first opened two weeks ago, so we felt fairly justified in bringing it in for the Avon crowd. ANGELINA JOLIE and MORGAN FREEMAN star with eye-popping special effects!
WANTED  (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (5:00) - (8:00)
SAT & SUN: (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
MON thru WED: 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
WALL-E  (G) Ok, gang, here are your last chances to see this instant classic! WALL-E is fun for all ages, not just for kids. Plus, it has a profound "message" to it that is so subtle, it is almost subliminal. Quit procrastinating and get down to see it before it is too late!

WALL-E  (G)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:15) - (7:15)
THURS: 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
HANCOCK (PG13) WILL SMITH as you have never seen him! To take the idea of a drunken loser of a superhero is really standing the whole genre on it head, and that is what I like about this! Summer has become a vast field of "Superhero movies", but this one is really different and clever!
HURRY! IT ENDS SOON!

HANCOCK (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (5:15) - (8:15)
Short newsletter this week because I am running late.
I'll be back next week with LOTS to say about THE DARK KNIGHT and MAMMA MIA!!

Come See Me Soon, Folks!
I'll Be Looking for YOU!!