[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Feb 13 10:18:59 CST 2008

WEEK OF FRIDAY, FEB. 15th  thru THURSDAY, FEB. 21st ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

CONTINUING:
FOOL'S GOLD (PG13) Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson Battle It Out Over Sunken Treasure!!

DEFINITELY, MAYBE (PG13) Ryan Reynolds & Abigail Breslin in a Wonderful Romantic Comedy!!
THE SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES (PG) From the Best-Selling Children's Books Comes Valentine's Fun for the Whole Family!
IMMEDIATE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE AVON!!
We have IMMEDIATE openings for:
*Lobby Staff Positions
Apply IN-PERSON to Susan or Skip!
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS!
Must have dependable transportation and be able to
work NIGHTS and WEEKENDS!! No Exceptions!
We prefer over 18 years of age.
NOTICE: WE HAVE AFTERNOON MATINEES THIS HOLIDAY MONDAY!!!
DEFINITELY, MAYBE (PG13) That "Little Miss Sunshine" cutie, Abigail Breslin, is in this one about a daughter and her divorced father (Ryan Reynolds). This is very much a "romantic comedy", but it also is a bit of a tear-jerker too. The three women in the supporting cast, Elizabeth Banks, Isla Fisher and Oscar-nominee Rachel Weisz, are not only appealing, but lend the film a lot of heart too. This is made-to-order for Valentine's Day weekend!

DEFINITELY, MAYBE  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (5:00) - 8:00
SAT, SUN & MON: (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
TUES & WED & THURS: 7:00
THE SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES (PG) From the popular series of children's books comes this adventure into the gates of the creepy and mysterious Spiderwick estate. Popular young star Freddie Highmore (AUGUST RUSH) leads a fine cast, with eye-popping special effects too!
THE SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT, SUN & MON: (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
TUES & WED: 6:30
THURS: 7:10
INSIDE TIP: The preview for the new INDIANA JONES is on with THE SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES!!
FOOL'S GOLD (PG13) Hah! I love it when the critics get outwitted by the ticket-buying public! It happened recently with THE BUCKET LIST, where the bad reviews couldn't stop audiences from loving that movie, and now we have it again with FOOL'S GOLD!!
Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson as battling divorced sunken treasure hunters will make you not only laugh, but long for the warm days of Summer too when you see all the sun, sand and sea!
FOOL'S GOLD (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (5:15) - 8:15
SAT, SUN & MON: (2:15) - (5:15) - 8:15
TUES & WED: 7:10

A FEW QUESTIONS FOR OUR READERS
Last weekend there was a "glitch" in one of our sources of advertising.
(I guess a "glitch" is a nice way of saying someone really fouled up!)

This error caused many of you to come at the wrong showtimes, and, of course that was annoying to you.

Help us to evaluate where you PREFER to get your showtimes and movie info!
Email me at Skip at TheAvon.com and let me know if you usually get this info from:

A.) Our Website (www.TheAvon.com)
B.) This Weekly Newsletter
C.) Newspaper ads
D.) Calling Our Hotline (422-8151)
E.) Various Web Services (like Moviefone or Fandango)
F.) The Radio

Obviously, some of these mediums we have control over, and some we do not.
Ironically, the ones we have no control over are the ones that cost us the most money!

This little survey is my way of ascertaining what forms of advertising are effective, and what forms are not really necessary and/or obsolete and redundant.

I really appreciate your taking a moment to let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks!

A Note From The Head Honcho
It's mid-February, and, that means just about 6 weeks until April!
Now, I know that April can be very unpredictable weather-wise, but at least it means we are on the home-stretch to Spring!

This has really been a wild Winter, and it isn't over yet!
Those of you who know me well enough, know how much I hate cold weather.

However, I want to thank all of you for braving the cold and snow and supporting The Avon!
We can't exist without your continued patronage, and every show you see with us only helps us to survive!

So, Come See Us This Weekend, and...
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!