[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS--Dec. 12th

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Dec 11 15:12:40 EST 2008

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Prof.Skippito Hustonovitch
WEEK OF FRIDAY, DEC. 12th  thru THURSDAY, DEC. 18th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY: THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL (PG13)

CONTINUING: FOUR CHRISTMASES (PG13) Hurry! Ends SOON!
                  AUSTRALIA (PG13) Hurry! Ends SOON!

COMING SOON:
DEC. 19th: CADILLAC RECORDS (R)
DEC. 25th: MARLEY & ME (PG13)
DEC. 25th: BEDTIME STORIES (G)
DEC. 25th: DOUBT (PG13)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL  (PG13) Yes, that's right; they remade this 1950's sci-fi classic! And why shouldn't they? The story this movie tells should be available for newer generations who have not seen the original. The story is even more important and timely today than it ever was! KEANU REEVES and one-of-my-faves, JENNIFER CONNELLY star in not only a "remake", but an "update". Not to be missed on the BIGGEST screen!
THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.00- $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
FOUR CHRISTMASES  (PG13) Now we are coming up on your last chances to see this hysterical holiday comedy with not only the talents of VINCE VAUGHN and REESE WITHERSPOON, but the jaw-dropping supporting cast of Oscar winners SISSY SPACEK, ROBERT DUVALL, MARY STEENBURGEN and JON VOIGHT!! ENDS THURSDAY!!
FOUR CHRISTMASES  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.00- $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")

THURS: 7:00 (ENDS THURSDAY!)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
AUSTRALIA (PG13) I hope by now that all of you fans of huge epic romantic adventure have seen this at least once! I know that I really liked it! This is one the critics, for the most part, did not like, but the audiences, for the most part, really loved! I would rather play audience pleasers any day!! Hurry and see it on the big screen, because it ENDS WEDNESDAY!!
AUSTRALIA (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.00- $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: 7:00
SAT & SUN: (3:15) - 7:00
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THE AVON NEEDS YOUR HELP ASAP!!
If you have not completed your Herald & Review Reader's Choice ballot for this year, you only have until Sunday night to do so!
All you need to do is vote for a minimum of 45 categories of the gazillion ones offered, and include in those votes one for THE AVON as "The Best Place to See a Movie!", and, one for THE AVON for "Best Popcorn" too!

Don't let those out-of-state owned theaters known as "the other guys" beat us on this, folks!

We have WON for the past few years, and, we need your help again!
DON'T JUST ASSUME THAT OTHERS WILL DO IT FOR YOU!!
We need YOU to click on the link below and VOTE NOW!!
Here's the link: http://herald-review.com/readerschoice/   <click there and vote!!

And here are a few more if you missed that one:
http://herald-review.com/readerschoice/

http://herald-review.com/readerschoice/

http://herald-review.com/readerschoice/

Show the world that Decatur takes care of its OWN!
VOTE FOR THE ONLY LOCALLY-OWNED MOVIE THEATER!!
(By the way, you do not have to be a Decatur resident to vote, either!)
Come See Me Soon!
I'll Be Looking for YOU!!