[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS 4/25/08

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Apr 24 13:52:36 EDT 2008

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Prof.Skippito Hustonovitch
WEEK OF FRIDAY, APRIL 25th  thru THURSDAY, MAY 1st ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY:
BABY MAMA (PG13) TINA FEY and AMY POEHLER will have you splitting your sides!
DECEPTION (R) HUGH JACKMAN and EWAN McGREGOR in a sexy erotic murder thriller!
SMART PEOPLE (R)  SARAH JESSICA PARKER, DENNIS QUAID and that "Juno" girl ELLEN PAGE in a smarty-pants comedy/drama!

SPECIAL EVENT:
SPECIAL ADVANCE SHOWING THURSDAY, MAY 1st!! 8 PM ONLY!!!
IRON MAN (PG13) The Summer Big-Ones Begin!!

COMING NEXT WEEK:
IRON MAN (PG13) Robert Downey, Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow & Jeff Bridges!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PART-TIME PROJECTIONIST NEEDED!!
If you have 10 to 15 hours per week available at various times,
and have excellent mechanical ability, we may be looking
for YOU!
We will train the approved candidate!
The perfect extra-income job for a retiree!!
APPLY IN PERSON AT THE THEATER!!
(Talk to Skip Huston ONLY!)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
BABY MAMA (PG13) Well, TINA FEY is just about the hottest new comedy talent in the Universe right now. Her TV stints on Saturday Night Live and currently on 30 Rock, have gained her a fan-base that is huge! Add to that her old-TV sidekick AMY POEHLER, and the always fun GREG KINNEAR, and the legendary STEVE MARTIN; not to mention SIGOURNEY WEAVER, and you have a cast that is ready to deliver the goods! This shows the funnier side of surrogate Mommy-hood, and the preview has already had many laughing their fannies off!
BABY MAMA (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 7:00
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
DECEPTION  (R) With a sexy, erotic murder thriller like this, you almost expect Michael Douglas to show up any second. HUGH JACKMAN and EWAN McGREGOR star in the type of film we haven't seen in quite a while...Think BASIC INSTINCT or FATAL ATTRACTION or BODY HEAT, and you have the genre nailed. This also has elements of Grisham's THE FIRM, and even a touch of THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE.
DECEPTION  (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
MON thru WED: 6:45
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SMART PEOPLE (R) It's funny how a prime role can pluck a performer out of obscurity, and carve out a whole new career for them. Little ELLEN PAGE, who knocked everyone out with her portrayal of JUNO (and got an Oscar nomination too), plays a role in this that is not dissimilar to Juno, yet will appear not to be at first blush. She plays a young, conservative Republican (!!!)---but she is not exactly all that entails. DENNIS QUAID as her jaded academic father, SARAH JESSICA PARKER as one of Quaid's former students who is now a doctor, and THOMAS HAYDEN CHURCH (The other guy from SIDEWAYS) as Quaid's ne'er-do-well of a half-brother. This is from the producers of SIDEWAYS, and has received good reviews from all but the most self-inflated critics (are there any other kind?). This is a LIMITED ENGAGEMENT, so do not dilly-dally about getting down to the Avon to see it!

SMART PEOPLE (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
IRON MAN (PG13) SPECIAL ADVANCE SHOWING!!
This starts its main run next Friday, but we have arranged a "special" for you at 8 PM next Thursday!
See the first BIG movie of what looks to be a gigantic movie Summer!!
IRON MAN (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 8:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
A NOTE FROM SKIP...
Ok, folks... I have just seen the weather report for this weekend, and...
YES, Spring IS here!!
BUT...
It's going to be cool and rainy all weekend.
I know you want to get your yard work done, but, NOT THIS WEEKEND!
Sooooo...
Where can you go that won't take lots of gasoline?? THE AVON.
What can you do for fun that won't cost you an arm and a leg? MOVIES AT THE AVON.
How can you get Decatur's best real buttered popcorn?? ONLY AT THE AVON!!
So, that is settled.

I'll look for each and every one of you this weekend!
If you don't come, I will need a note from you Doctor or Mommy.

I'm watching for you and you and...YOU!!