[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Apr 16 17:50:44 CDT 2008

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Prof.Skippito Hustonovitch
WEEK OF FRIDAY, APRIL 18th  thru THURSDAY, APRIL 24th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY:
VANTAGE POINT (PG13) ALL-STAR THRILLER!! FRI, SAT & SUN ONLY!!

CONTINUING:
LEATHERHEADS (PG13) GEORGE CLOONEY - RENEE ZELLWEGER!! ENDS SOON!!
NIM'S ISLAND (PG) JODIE FOSTER - GERARD BUTLER - ABIGAIL BRESLIN!! ENDS SOON!!

COMING NEXT WEEK:
BABY MAMA (PG13) TINA FEY and AMY POEHLER will have you splitting your sides!
DECEPTION (R) HUGH JACKMAN and EWAN McGREGOR in a sexy erotic murder thriller!
SMART PEOPLE (R)  SARAH JESSICA PARKER, DENNIS QUAID and that "Juno" girl ELLEN PAGE in a smarty-pants comedy/drama!
VANTAGE POINT (PG13) For all of you who missed this when it played the first time around, we had a scheduling "hole" and decided since we never played it, but did promote it (then, ended up not having the available screen for it) we should bring it in for one of our FRI, SAT & SUN ONLY bookings. Here is a real puzzle-type film, with an outstanding cast. It moves at a breakneck pace, and you have to watch very carefully to put all the pieces together. This stars DENNIS QUAID, WILLIAM HURT, FOREST WHITAKER, SIGOURNEY WEAVER & MATTHEW FOX and even MORE!! See if you can figure it all out before the end!
For those film students of mine: This has a "Rashomon"-type of story construction. That should tell you plenty! For those of you who have not the foggiest of what I refer to, I guess you better enroll in my film classes, huh? :-) FRI, SAT & SUN ONLY!!
VANTAGE POINT (PG13
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
LEATHERHEADS (PG13) Here are your last chances to see GEORGE CLOONEY and RENEE ZELLWEGER in this wonderful whacky comedy about old-school football! (There is even a reference to Decatur in it!) THIS ENDS SOON, FOLKS!!

LEATHERHEADS  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NIM'S ISLAND (PG) And here are your final chances to see JODIE FOSTER, ABIGAIL BRESLIN and GERARD BUTLER in this fun-for-the-whole-family adventure! THIS ENDS SOON, FOLKS!!
NIM'S ISLAND (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A NOTE FROM SKIP...
Soooooooo, I look out my office window and it appears that Spring has finally arrived!
That's right: After all the false starts and broken promises, it really, really looks like we have vanquished Winter again for an all-too-brief time!
Summer is my favorite season, and Spring is right up there too.
Every Winter I wonder why I didn't move to Tucson, Arizona when I had the chance to buy a 6-screen theater out there about 4 years ago...
THEN, I remember THE AVON, and how important it is to our customers and a rapidly growing downtown resurgence!
(Not to mention how important it is to ME!)

So, this Spring when you are enjoying all that nice weather, take a moment to reflect on what Decatur was like BEFORE the Avon was re-opened those 9+ years ago!
It will not be a pleasant thing to recall how terrible it was to ONLY have "the other guys" for your movie enjoyment!!!

Then, when you have thought about all of that, please make sure to include THE AVON in your Springtime plans!

Remember: We don't exist because of government "pork" grants, and donations; we have to EARN our keep! (what a concept!)--
We ONLY keep going because YOU buy tickets and popcorn!
The beautiful weather will give us a lot of competition for your entertainment dollars, so try and keep us in mind too!

Seeya soon!