[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS 4/4/08

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Apr 2 13:40:30 CDT 2008

WEEK OF FRIDAY, APRIL 4th  thru THURSDAY, APRIL 10th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY:
LEATHERHEADS (PG13) GEORGE CLOONEY - RENEE ZELLWEGER!!
NIM'S ISLAND (PG) JODIE FOSTER - GERARD BUTLER - ABIGAIL BRESLIN!!

CONTINUING:
HORTON HEARS A WHO! (G) ENDS THIS WEEK!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
LEATHERHEADS (PG13) One of my favorite types of films is the sports comedy! I don't know why, because I am really not much of a sports fan (and that is the understatement of the year to those of you who know me well enough), but they just seem to hold a lot of fun for me.
Past faves like SLAPSHOT or BULL DURHAM or even MAJOR LEAGUE bring back fond memories...
Well, here is another that has all the elements going for it to go the distance for yet another funny sports comedy! GEORGE CLOONEY and RENEE ZELLWEGER join JOHN KRASINSKI in an "old school" football romp back in the days when there was very little padding and NO rules!
LEATHERHEADS  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NIM'S ISLAND (PG) The "Little Miss Sunshine" girl, ABIGAIL BRESLIN, sure has a great career started! Here she is as a kind of "Indiana Jones" little girl, with a funny turn by JODIE FOSTER as a socially challenged adventure author, and heart-throb GERARD BUTLER as not only Abigail's Dad, but the fantasy adventure hero of Foster's books. This "PG" adventure harkens back to the '60's Disney days of THE SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON and IN SEARCH OF THE CASTAWAYS. It's BIG fun for the whole family!
NIM'S ISLAND (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 7:15
HORTON HEARS A WHO! (G) Dr. Seuss' timeless classic nears the end of a very fruitful run this week! Grab all the kids you can find and see it one more time at the Avon!
HORTON HEARS A WHO! (G)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
Spring is in the air, and, hopefully, Winter has finally gone on down the road for now!
The forecast shows LOTS of good movies coming to THE AVON!!

Come See Me This Weekend!!