[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Sep 26 21:21:42 EDT 2007

WEEK OF FRIDAY, SEPT. 28th thru THURSDAY, OCT. 4th ONLY!!

OPENING FRIDAY:
Oscar-Winners TOMMY LEE JONES, CHARLIZE THERON & SUSAN SARANDON in
"IN THE VALLEY OF ELAH" (R) An "Avon Exclusive"!!

CONTINUING:
3:10 TO YUMA (R) Russell Crowe and Christian Bale
THE BRAVE ONE (R) Jodie Foster (ENDS THURSDAY!)

COMING IN FUTURE WEEKS:
Oct. 5th: THE JANE AUSTEN BOOK CLUB (PG13)
Oct. 12th:ELIZABETH-THE GOLDEN AGE (PG13)
            MICHAEL CLAYTON (R)
Oct. 19th:GONE BABY GONE (R)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A Personal Note from Skip...
On Oct. 1st it will be three years since we opened the Avon Twins!
Much has happened in that three year span, and there have been many lessons learned along the way.
Some of those lessons were for the good, and some were for the opposite, but all were beneficial in the long run.

Y'see, folks, I believe in the potential of downtown Decatur, and I am in it for the long haul.
Many of you have come to depend on us to bring first-class movies in a safe environment.
The addition of the Twins was a very important step in our evolution in that it enabled us to play the "big" movies at the same time as the other theaters.
It's odd how some of you prefer the Twins, and some of you prefer the old Avon main, but that is fine with me as long as it is THE AVON you choose!

So, if you think about it on Oct. 1st, take a second to recall that where there was once an old empty J.C. Penney building, there now exists two modern, stadium seating, twin theaters!
And then, think about this: In April, we will start our TENTH YEAR at The Avon!!

It's all thanks to YOU!

-Skip
IN THE VALLEY OF ELAH (R) Ok, so just what or where is this "valley of Elah"?? Well, you Bible people should know that one instantly: It's the valley where David slew Goliath!  So, now, we have a whole new vibe to what was once a rather vague title, huh?
Three Oscar winners, Tommy Lee Jones, Charlize Theron and Susan Sarandon, plus an Oscar-winning writer/director Paul Haggis (CRASH) come together for this intriguing and highly-acclaimed tale of a soldier's stateside murder, and the investigation that ensues.
This is certain to figure into this year's Oscar race, so see it early!! AN AVON EXCLUSIVE!!
IN THE VALLEY OF ELAH (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")

3:10 TO YUMA (R) I can't get enough of this one! I have seen it almost 5 times, and it just keeps getting better! Russell Crowe and Christian Bale, that's like Maximus the Gladiator and the new Batman together! Then, add in Peter Fonda, who most folks don't even recognize, and young newcomer Ben Foster, who almost steals the show from everyone, with an original story by Elmore Leonard, and you have an unbeatable western! It's Leaves Soon, So You Better Get a Move On!
3:10 TO YUMA (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")

THE BRAVE ONE (R) Jodie Foster is still kicking major tail in this excellent movie, and it's too bad more of you have not come down to see it! It's a fact that this is an unfortunate fizzle all over the country. Sometimes that happens. Good movies come and go unnoticed, while total trash does all the business! This is why my "Overlooked" Film classes I do in the Summer are so popular!
People are shocked to see what great movies they completely ignored! This is one of them! ENDS THURSDAY!!
THE BRAVE ONE (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
AVON FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions)

Q: I can't help but notice how you are always strongly pushing the popcorn, hot-dogs, nachos, candy & sodas! I know you want to sell these things, but is it really necessary part of your livelihood?