[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS 10/26

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Oct 25 18:35:02 EDT 2007

WEEK OF FRIDAY, Oct. 26th thru THURSDAY, Oct. 1st ONLY!!

CONTINUING:
GONE BABY GONE (R) Ed Harris, Morgan Freeman, Casey Affleck
ELIZABETH--THE GOLDEN AGE (PG13) Cate Blanchett, Clive Owen
MICHAEL CLAYTON (R)   George Clooney, Tilda Swinton, Tom Wilkinson, Sydney Pollack

SPECIAL EVENT:
HALLOWEEN NIGHT @ 8:00 PM SEE "CHILDREN OF THE GRAVE"
THE NEW DOCUMENTARY FEATURING OUR OWN TROY TAYLOR!!
THIS IS A ONE-TIME ONLY SHOWING, AND...
 YOU CAN MEET THE PRODUCERS AND FILMMAKERS FROM THE SCI-FI CHANNEL!!

COMING NEXT WEEK:
AMERICAN GANGSTER (R) Russel Crowe and Denzel Washington!!
THE BEE MOVIE (G) Jerry Seinfeld and Rene Zelwegger!!
THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES (R) Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck!!
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE AVON!!
We have IMMEDIATE openings for: Lobby Staff
Apply IN-PERSON to Susan or Skip!
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS!
Must have dependable transportation and be able to
work NIGHTS and WEEKENDS!! No Exceptions!
We prefer over 20 years of age, but will consider
a young as 18.
GONE BABY GONE (R) One of the most stunning films we have ever played, this provides ample food for thought with some fundamental issues it raises. Casey Affleck, under the superb direction of his brother, Ben, and a fine cast including the always-dynamic Ed Harris and Morgan Freeman. This is the LAST WEEK for this one, and you will be very sorry you missed it!
GONE BABY GONE (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
MON & TUES: 7:15
WED & THURS: 6:30

MICHAEL CLAYTON (R)  Critics are already calling this one of the best films of the year, and you should see why! George Clooney nails it perfectly as a "fixer" of an attorney, who has a very hard time "fixing" himself! Powerful and mature! ENDS THIS WEEK!!
MICHAEL CLAYTON (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "bargain Matinees")

ELIZABETH--THE GOLDEN AGE (PG13)  Now we come down to the final stretch for this historical epic starring the fabulous Cate Blanchett reprising the role that made her famous 10 years ago! Clive Owen is on hand to tempt her resolve, and the Spanish Armada threatening to conquer England, make for a mighty big story! ENDS TUESDAY!!!
ELIZABETH--THE GOLDEN AGE (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT & SUN : (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
MON & TUES: 6:30
HALLOWEEN NIGHT @ 8:00 PM WITH CHILDREN OF THE GRAVE!
You can spend Halloween night at the haunted Avon Theater in Decatur at a special all-star screening of the upcoming horror documentary - Children of the Grave! Check it out at http://www.prairieghosts.com/children.html

On October 31, join stars of the film Troy Taylor & Keith Age, the creators of the film, the Booth Brothers, and a few special surprise guests from the film for a special screening of the movie, door prizes and giveaways, and a "meet and greet" with questions and answers for the cast and directors. This will be the biggest premiere of the film that you'll find anywhere, in a real-life haunted theater, and on Halloween night.

 Get more details about this event at http://www.prairieghosts.com/children.html
That's All for this Week, folks!!
LOTS of new movies coming next week, and EVERYTHING we are playing now will be GONE!!
SO, YA' BETTER HURRY TO SEE THEM BEFORE THEY GO!!!

Have A Great Halloween!!!

Come See Me Soon!!