[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS 10/19

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Oct 17 00:17:02 EDT 2007

WEEK OF FRIDAY, OCT. 19th thru THURSDAY, OCT. 25th ONLY!

OPENING FRIDAY:
GONE BABY GONE (R) Ed Harris, Morgan Freeman, Casey Affleck

CONTINUING:
ELIZABETH--THE GOLDEN AGE (PG13) Cate Blanchett, Clive Owen
MICHAEL CLAYTON (R)   George Clooney, Tilda Swinton, Tom Wilkinson, Sydney Pollack

COMING NEXT WEEK:
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL EVENTS!!! Details Next Week!!

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE AVON!!
We have IMMEDIATE openings for: Lobby Staff
Apply IN-PERSON to Susan or Skip!
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS!
Must have dependable transportation and be able to
work NIGHTS and WEEKENDS!! No Exceptions!
We prefer over 20 years of age, but will consider
a young as 18.
GONE BABY GONE (R) Critics are calling this one of the best dramas of the year, and a real knock-out of  performances from not only Casey Affleck, but masterful direction by his brother, Ben. A superb cast headed by Ed Harris and Morgan Freeman, lend much tension to this Boston-based story of a kidnapped child. This is adapted from the book by Dennis Lehane, who is the author of "Mystic River", and is said to be Ben Affleck's favorite novel. There is a lot of "Oscar Buzz" swirling around this one!
GONE BABY GONE (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
MON thru THURS:

ELIZABETH--THE GOLDEN AGE (PG13) Now we go into week #2 of this excellent epic film of the days when Spain threatened to conquer Britain, and Queen Elizabeth I was bound and determined they would not succeed. Astounding actress Cate Blanchett reprises her role from the original 1999 film (and there is said to someday be yet a 3rd film that will take us to the end of Elizabeth's life). Clive Owen is here as well as Sir Walter Raleigh. The costumes and sets are awesome, and it is indeed a wonderful and absorbing film.
ELIZABETH--THE GOLDEN AGE (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT & SUN : (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
MON thru WED: 6:30

MICHAEL CLAYTON (R) Unless you've been living on the moon this past week, you have probably already heard what a knock-out of a movie this one is! Our "exit polls" have been 100% positive, and the national reviews have all been in the highest range. George Clooney heads a fine cast including Tom Wilkinson, Tilda Swinton and Sydney Pollack. If you like legal thrillers, or just plain, intelligent, well-plotted intrigue; this is for YOU!
MICHAEL CLAYTON (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "bargain Matinees")

THANK YOU!!
Last Friday and Saturday's MIDNIGHT performances of THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW exceeded all expectations to become one of the biggest events in Avon history!
The Friday Midnight show was in line with past years at an attendance of almost 400, but Saturday came in at a whopping OVER 600!! (Yes, you read that right).
If you can imagine over 600 people all dressed outlandishly and all doing the "TimeWarp", while the music was blasting and the building was rockin', you can only imagine a fraction of how cool it all was!
Special Thanks to the Avon's staff who worked long and tirelessly until 3 AM, and to the extra helpers: My good buddy Jill Bergin, and my sister-in-law from Nevada, Patty Burke, my Nevada nephew Dustin, author Troy Taylor and his son, Orrin, and the incredible Millikin Shadow Cast who performed on the stage simultaneously with the movie...
Of course, the thanks would not be complete without mentioning my wife and daughter, Susan and Melissa, who not only had a lot of fun, but kept a close eye on all aspects of the operation. (No shenanigans got past those two! Those "McTheaters" could learn a lesson in how to control their unruly crowds from those two!)
We are hoping to do it one more time on Saturday, Oct. 27th at 10:30 instead of Midnight, but we do not know for sure yet!
Obviously, IF we DO decide we can do it again on the 27th, you will be the FIRST to know!!
NOTE: Due to a scheduling conflict that can not be resolved, we have to cancel our "Kid's Club" Halloween Cartoon show on Saturday, Oct. 27th.
We do plan to revive Kid's Club in a new and improved format, but look for us to do so for the upcoming Holidays!
That's It For Now, Folks!
Come See Me Soon!!