[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Oct 4 15:56:53 EDT 2007

WEEK OF FRIDAY, OCT. 5th thru THURSDAY, OCT. 11th ONLY!!

OPENING FRIDAY:
THE JANE AUSTEN BOOK CLUB (PG13) Starring Maria Bello, Kathy Baker, Lynn Redgrave and MORE!!
THE HUNTING PARTY (R) Starring Richard Gere and Terrence Howard

CONTINUING:
IN THE VALLEY OF ELAH (R) Starring Tommy Lee Jones, Charlize Theron and Susan Sarandon  ENDS WEDNESDAY!!
THE 3:10 TO YUMA (R) Starring Russell Crowe and Christian Bale ENDS SUNDAY!!

SPECIAL EVENT:
See Special Event Section Below!!

COMING NEXT WEEK:
ELIZABETH: THE GOLDEN AGE (PG13)
MICHAEL CLAYTON (R)

THE JANE AUSTEN BOOK CLUB (PG13) Ok, ok: I hear that "chick flick" alarm going off with a lot of you guys out there!
But, this all-star film adaptation of a very popular book of the same name, really deserves to be seen by everyone who has a more discerning taste (sounds like the Avon crowd to me!). When a group of people (that's right women and at least one man) get together to read and study the immortal novels of Jane Austen, their lives begin to take on similar qualities. This is a good 'un, folks!
THE JANE AUSTEN BOOK CLUB (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT & SUN : (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
MON thru THURS: 7:15

IN THE VALLEY OF ELAH (R) This is the final week for this fine film that I feel will get award nominations this year. Tommy Lee Jones has never been better, and that is saying a whole lot! Charlize Theron continues to show us she is not just a gorgeous woman, but an extremely talented one as well, and Susan Sarandon?? There is one scene alone in this that I think should get her an Oscar nomination! This is not an upbeat or "feel good" movie. Parts of it will shake you to your shoes. It is, however, an important movie that not enough people are seeing. Maybe they are put off by the title, that is explained completely in the film, or maybe they think it is another Bush-bashing anti-war screed (which it really isn't). Whatever it is, it will leave next week, and you will have missed a fine film.
IN THE VALLEY OF ELAH (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "bargain Matinees")
MON thru WED: 6:30

THE HUNTING PARTY (R) Richard Gere stars in this based-on-a-true-story film about some overseas war reporters who decide to go on the hunt for a notorious was criminal. This has elements of comedy and danger, and is from the same guy who brought us THE MATADOR about a year ago, and we all know what a hoot that one was! Cp-starring is Terrence Howard, an actor that is virtually everywhere these days, but doing good work wherever he goes! ENDS THURSDAY!!
THE HUNTING PARTY (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: 8:00
SAT & SUN: (2:00) - 8:00
MON, TUES & WED: 6:35
THURS: 7:00

THE 3:10 TO YUMA (R) We were "supposed" to drop this tonight (Thursday), but we wanted to give those of you who have been on-the-fence about seeing it a few more chances! If you STILL can't get your fanny down to see the Best Western I Have Seen in 20 Years
then don't come crying to me when you have missed it!
THE 3:10 TO YUMA (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI, SAT & SUN: (5:00)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SPECIAL EVENT CALENDAR
>FRI & SAT, OCT. 12th & 13th at MIDNIGHT!!
THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW      If you have never experienced the ROCKY HORROR show done "Avon Style", you owe it to yourself to personally witness this cultural phenomenon! See it with the Millikin Shadow cast on the stage with the movie itself! Come in costume (as bare as you dare---or as the law allows) and an allowed prop list will be available at the Avon this Friday! Tickets only $5 (No Passes Please). Get your tickets NOW, because this is always a SELL-OUT!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>WEDNESDAY, Oct. 17th at 7:00 PM ONLY
Boston's World-Famous ALLOY ORCHESTRA Returns to The Avon for a 5th Time!!
See the legendary classic 1927 silent Buster Keaton film, THE GENERAL, with LIVE accompaniment from the ALLOY ORCHESTRA!! Hundreds of Decatur-area people have attended the previous Alloy Orchestra events at the Avon, and all are waiting for their return! TICKETS:  ADULTS: $10  SENIORS/STUDENTS: $7 (No Passes Please). ON SALE THIS FRIDAY!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>FRIDAY, Oct. 26th & 27th at MIDNIGHT!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!!
FREE HALLOWEEN PROGRAM FEATURING THE ORIGINAL "NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD" and various spooky cartoons and short-subjects.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>SATURDAY, OCT. 27th at 11 AM:  FREE!! FREE!! FREE!!
The Avon Kid's Club returns in a NEW and Improved Format!!
AVON KID'S HALLOWEEN CARTOON SHOW!!  This is a special, "kid friendly" Halloween cartoon program that is FREE for EVERYONE!!! (Suitable for ALL Ages!)
>HALLOWEEN NIGHT: OCT. 31st at 8 PM: Special Screening of the new movie "CHILDREN OF THE GRAVE" with IN-PERSON appearances by real-life Ghost Hunters Troy Taylor, Keith Age & The Booth Brothers! See the Scary New Ghost Documentary within the confines of the Haunted Avon Theater; Meet the Stars; Take Part in a Haunting Question & Answer Session after the film; Door Prizes; Surprises; and Much More! Admission: $7.00 Per Person (No Passes Please)
Doors open at 6:30 PM with FREE Halloween candy for anyone in costume, handed out by the stars of the film!
Film starts at 8:00 PM, followed by Q & A Session with the stars!!

It's All Happenin' at The Avon!!
Come See Me Soon!!