[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS 11/20

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Tue Nov 20 14:28:28 EST 2007

WEEK OF WEDNESDAY, NOV. 21st  thru FRIDAY, NOV. 29th ONLY!!

OPENING WEDNESDAY:

AUGUST RUSH (PG) Keri Russel,Robin Williams, Freddie Highmore
ENCHANTED (PG) Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey

CONTINUING:
FRED CLAUS (PG) Vince Vaughn, Kevin Spacey, Paul Giamatti

COMING NEXT (11/30):
NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN (R) The Coen Bros. are BACK with a VENGEANCE!!
NOTE: This is a "double issue" of the newsletter
that encompasses this week and next, up until next Thursday!
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE AVON!!
We have IMMEDIATE openings for: Lobby Staff
Apply IN-PERSON to Susan or Skip!
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS!
Must have dependable transportation and be able to
work NIGHTS and WEEKENDS!! No Exceptions!
We prefer over 20 years of age, but will consider
a young as 18.

GIFT CERTIFICATES AT THE AVON!!
Gifties come in three denominations, $5, $10 & $20 and
NEVER EXPIRE, and are ALWAYS good for the ENTIRE amount!
PLUS, they can be used for admissions AND snack bar items!!
THE PERFECT HOLIDAY GIFT!!
Get 'em at our box-offices!!
HERE'S SKIP!!
Yes, folks, it really IS me!
I am sure when the news of my illness and subsequent surgery got back to the scalawags at the "other guys", they were dancing around a war fire hoping that next the news would be of my impending DEMISE!!
Well, sorry!
It looks like I am going to be around to devil those "other guys" for a long time to come!!
I think they were so sure I was out of the picture they even RAISED THEIR PRICES!! (In case you hadn't noticed).
Yup, the "other guys" now get a whopping $8 for Adult admissions, and $6 for the matinees!!
Are WE going to raise ours now??
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Y'see, the difference is: We LIKE having you come for the superior popcorns and "home town ambience", we don't see you as mere "cash cows" like some "others" do!
In fact, if the studios would allow it, I'd make the movies FREE and earn our expenses on our fabulous popcorn!!
Maybe, in a perfect world, huh?
The fact is: I am BACK!!
I won't be on a real full schedule at first, but I'll get there!!
-Skip
P.S. I have a great new idea for a new course for my Richland Film Classes too!
Something positive to be said about being bed-ridden!
ENCHANTED (PG) So, everyone in the business is trying to figure out just what will be the BIGGEST movie of the Holiday Season!
Last year I picked it with NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM, but, this year it is tougher! I am really staring to think it will all come down to THIS one or NATIONAL TREASURE-PART TWO!! Here we have a wonderful frolic for all ages that has music and romance and comedy! I have heard a few of the songs from this, and they sure have that "classic" Disney vibe! When you come into the auditorium, listen to the music playing, and I think you will see what I mean! Bring the whole family!! It IS in the BIG theater too!!
ENCHANTED (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
WED: (4:00) - 7:00
THURS (Thanksgiving Day) : (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
FRI, SAT & SUN: (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
MON thru THURS (next week): 7:15
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
AUGUST RUSH (PG) Well, aside from the fact that I have a real affinity for Keri Russell (you wondered why WAITRESS played so long, huh?) when I first saw the preview for this I was blown away! Y'see, as an old retired professional musician myself, I really do believe there is a mystical connection between all humans and music. It seems to be the universal language, and, yes, it does seem at times to "soothe the savage breast". Keri Russell, Robin Williams, John Rhys-Davis and little Freddie Highmore (whom you loved so much in NEVERLAND) all come together to create a wonderful and fanciful feel-good movie for the holidays! This was MY "personal pick" for Thanksgiving, and we passed on some others just to play this! I hope you will support it!
AUGUST RUSH (PG)

(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
WED: (5:00) - 8:00
THURS (Thanksgiving Day) : (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
FRI, SAT & SUN: (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
MON thru THURS (next week): 6:30
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
FRED CLAUS (PG) There's not much more I can say about this Holiday romp with Vince Vaughn playing Santa's older, and wayward brother. It is exactly what you expect in a Holiday movie, and that ain't bad, folks! Oscar-nominee Paul Giamatti looks to be having a real blast playing Santa Claus, and Oscar-winner Kevin Spacey as the ultimate "Scrooge-type" join Kathy Bates and some cast surprises!
This is the last week for this one, so ya' better hurry!
FRED CLAUS  (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
WED: (5:15) - 8:15
THURS (Thanksgiving Day): (2:15) - (5:15) - 8:15
FRI, SAT & SUN: (2:15) - (5:15) - 8:15
MON thru THURS (next week): 6:35
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THANKS!!
I can't express enough thanks for those who filled in for me while I was gone!
Here are just a few of them: (in no particular order)
TROY TAYLOR, who has vowed he will be at the theater until he is sure I am "100%", even though he has a very busy schedule!
ASHLEY PETTY, our wonderful Assistant Manager, who acted above and beyond her usual level of excellence to make sure all ran smoothly!
STEPHANI COX, my big sister, who took time off from her demanding career to be with me during surgery.
HOWARD TAORMINO, our film buyer, who networked with Susan and ran interference for me with any problems.
JILL BERGIN, who filled in during a Special Event last Sunday that she knew I would normally be at.
MELISSA RINCHIUSO, my one and only daughter, who was always there to support me and Susan.
THE AVON STAFF, who tried their best to "soldier on" without their leader there!
ALL OF YOU, who were asking about me every day!
-and-
SUSAN BURKE-HUSTON, my wife of 23 years, who was very worried, yet kept a cool head always!
-and, last but not least-
GOD, who gave me a glimpse of life without health, and showed me what Thanksgiving truly is!!

Now, Come See Me Soon!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!