[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu May 3 15:03:02 EDT 2007

WEEK OF FRIDAY, MAY 4th  thru THURSDAY,  MAY 10th ONLY!!

OPENING FRIDAY:
SPIDER-MAN 3 (PG13)
LUCKY YOU (PG13)

CONTINUING:
THE NAMESAKE (PG13)

COMING SOON:
SHREK the THIRD (PG)
PIRATES of the CARIBBEAN 3 (PG13)

SPIDER-MAN 3 (PG13) The Summer Movies Begin BIG-TIME!! That's right, folks, the Summer movie season kicks off with the biggest blockbuster of all! Not only is this the 3rd entry in the multi-billion dollar series (yes, I did say BILLION!), it is also the most expensive movie ever made at $250 million plus! This has all the same stars (Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst) and the same Director (Sam Raimi) and all the quality and eye-popping action you expect!
SEE IT ON DECATUR'S BIGGEST SCREEN!!!!! NOTE EXTENDED HOURS!!!!

SPIDERMAN (PG13):
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI:   (4:15)--7:30--10:45
SAT:  (1:00)--(4:15)--7:30--10:45
SUN:  (1:00)--(4:15)--7:30
MON-THURS:  7:15

LUCKY YOU (PG13)  Drew Barrymore is a real Avon favorite, and when you throw in Eric Bana (TROY, MUNICH) and the always-incredible Robert Duvall, you have a romantic comedy-drama set in the gambling world that is top-notch!
This has been awaiting release for a while, and, just like MISS POTTER, we were starting to wonder if it was ever going to show up! Well, here it is, and I think it provides the best "alternative programming" to a weekend where SPIDER-MAN will dominate everything!
LUCKY YOU (PG13):
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI:  (5:15)--8:15
SAT: (2:15)--(5:15)--8:15
SUN: (2:15)--(5:15)--8:15
MON-THURS:   6:45

THE NAMESAKE (PG13) This incredibly colorful and heart-felt saga about two generations of an Indian family is a real gem! Yes, it is IN ENGLISH, and. YES, you will find yourself totally absorbed by the master filmmaking of famed Indian Director Mira Nair.
DO NOT DELAY!! THIS ENDS THURSDAY!!!!!
THE NAMESAKE (PG13):
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (5:00)--8:00
SAT: (5:00)--8:00
SUN: (2:00)--(5:00)--8:00
MON-THURS:   6:40

Hey Folks!
This is kind of a brief newsletter this week, but we are so consumed with getting ready for the MIDNIGHT PREMIERE of SPIDER-MAN 3 tonight, I don't have the usual time to rave, rant and ramble! (Lucky for you!!!)

Come See Me This Weekend!!

Skip Huston