[Avon-theatre-news] {Spam?} AVON THEATRE NEWS

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed May 16 23:06:27 EDT 2007

WEEK OF FRIDAY, MAY 18th thru THURSDAY, MAY 24th ONLY!!

OPENING FRIDAY:
SHREK THE THIRD (PG)
DISTURBIA (PG13) Note:ONE-WEEK-ONLY!!

CONTINUING:
SPIDER-MAN 3 (PG13)

COMING NEXT WEEK:
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: At World's End (PG13)

HEY!! Here's a new BIG DEAL!!
>"TIGHTWAD TUESDAYS!!"<
Wassamatta, bubbie? You say prices are going up and up, and you just can't see an end to it?
You say you wish movies could be cheaper, so you could get out more??
WELL, HOWSABOUT THIS??
ON EVERY SCREEN, ON EVERY TUESDAY, ALL SHOWS JUST $4.50!!
Yessuh, yessuh! You heard it right! ALL SHOWS ON TUESDAYS ONLY $4.50!!
HELP!!!! HELLLLLLLP!!!
HELP WANTED!!  HELP WANTED!!
We continue our search for the right candidates for The Avon's staff!
If you want some extra money, or want to be a part of show-business, or simply want all the free popcorn you can eat...
COME APPLY FOR A "Lobby Staff" JOB WITH US!!!

Candidates must be able to lift 50 lb bags of raw popcorn, and be available to work NIGHTS and WEEKENDS!!
(Don't tell us you will when you really won't or we'll get really cranky!)
Ideally, the candidate would have their own transportation too!
APPLY IN PERSON! NO PHONE CALLS!!
POSITIONS OPEN RIGHT NOW!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SHREK THE THIRD (PG) One of the things that people like about the Shrek movies is they don't just aim the humor at the younger set. In fact, there are some jokes that only people who are over 25 would get! A fine voice-over cast, and the world that Shrek inhabits, has become part of our cinema iconography. The Shrek movies rank among the biggest hits of all time! There is a HUGE "buzz" on this one, so get thee down to THE AVON to see it!
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO and THE PREVIEW!!

SHREK THE THIRD (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 Bargain Matinees)
FRI: (3:45) - 6:15 - 8:30
SAT & SUN: (1:00) - (3:45) - 6:15 - 8:30
MON, TUES & WED: 6:45
THURS: 5:30

SPIDER-MAN 3 (PG13) So, I'll bet you are one of the dozen or so who have resisted seeing this because you have an aversion to comic book heroes, or just Summer blockbuster "popcorn pictures" in general, right? Well, you ain't doing yourself any favors, pilgrim!
This is one TERRIFIC entertainment! It didn't earn over 150 million bucks in its opening weekend for nothing, you know??
It is winding down in it final weeks, so the crowds will not be daunting. Come on down and see it before it is gone!
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PREVIEW!!

SPIDER-MAN 3 (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 Bargain Matinees)

DISTURBIA (PG13) And, here we have one that we had to pass on when it first came out about a month ago because we did not have room for it...And, BOY, were we SORRY about that! This uncredited and veritible re-make of Hitchcock's classic REAR WINDOW, became a surprise hit! Every week, I'd look at the box-office charts and see it hanging in there near the top. When we had a one-week-only slot this week, we popped it in! So, now, if you have been rather wary of seeing it, you know it has the "Avon seal of approval"!! ONE-WEEK-ONLY!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PREVIEW!!
DISTURBIA (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 Bargain Matinees)

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: At World's End (PG13)
"SNEAK PEEK SHOWS, THURSDAY, May 24th at 8:00 PM and MIDNIGHT!!
WHEN ARE NACHOS COMING?????
Would you all kill me if I said "we are not sho'?"
Actually, we may have nachos available by the time SHREK opens!
Please keep in mind that, just like our Avon "Happy Hotdogs", the Nachos will only be available in THE TWINS, but you are most welcome to simply run next door and bring them back over to the Avon Main!
Many of you are aware that cult movie star Bruce Campbell is a real fan of the Avon, and has made TWO Avon personal appearances, here to date....Well, he is planning on coming back this way in the Fall (maybe)...SO... click on this link to see what he has been up to lately: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg6bZSM48vU&eurl
AND...if you have no idea who in the heck Bruce Campbell is, click on this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oagr6Ydjzdw
Come See me Soon!!!
Don't forget about TIGHTWAD TUESDAYS!!!
All Seats, All Screens just $4.50!!!