[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Mar 29 12:18:15 EDT 2007

WEEK OF FRIDAY, MARCH 30th  thru THURSDAY, APRIL 5th ONLY!!

OPENING FRIDAY:
 Wild Comedy with BLADES OF GLORY (PG13) Will Ferrell and that "Napoleon Dynamite" guy, Jon Tenet!!
CONTINUING:
Mark Wahlberg thrills you to your core in SHOOTER (R)
Sandra Bullock keeps you guessing in PREMONITION (PG13)
COMING NEXT WEEK:
FINALLY!!! Renee Zellweger and Ewan McGregor in MISS POTTER (PG)

+++++HELP WANTED+++++HELP WANTED++++++
We STILL have openings for Summer staff!!
If you have a student who would just be lazing around
this Summer, send them to us!!
Many of our regular staff will be leaving for the
Summer, and we need people!!!
APPLY IN PERSON--NO PHONE CALLS!!
We would prefer 18 years old at least, but will
consider 16 or 17 year-olds on a case-by-case basis.
MUST WORK NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS!!!
NO EXCEPTIONS!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
BLADES of GLORY (PG13) Ok, all you "Ricky Bobby" fans out there! (And, if you haven't the foggiest what I am talking about, then ya' better study up on it!)---Here is what amounts to RICKY BOBBY ON ICE!!! Then, add in that whacky upstart Jon Heder from the smash hit NAPOLEON DYNAMITE, and you have a total hysterium of comedy!!
WILL FERRELL just the way you like him! Dumb, clueless and totally affected!!!
BLADES of GLORY (PG-13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
Fri : (4:00)  7:00  9:15
Sat : (1:00)  (4:00)  7:00  9:15
Sun : (1:00)  (4:00)  7:00
Mon thru Thurs : 7:15 PM
SHOOTER (R) Here is that rare breed of thriller that actually has an intelligent and logical plotline! Mark Wahlberg has certainly become a major screen presence in the last few years with films like THE ITALIAN JOB and THE DEPARTED under his belt. Danny Glover has not been seen in much in recent years, and it is great to see him again.
This story, about an ex-government sharpshooter in reclusion who gets framed for a assassination, is top-notch!
SHOOTER (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
Fri : (5:00)  8:00
Sat : (2:00)  (5:00)  8:00
Sun : (2:00)  (5:00)
Mon thru Thurs : 6:40 PM
______________________________________
PREMONITION (PG13) Fans of Sandra Bullock should find this an excellent vehicle for her! This odd and very "different" plot of a wife who intuits the death of her husband in the future, will leave you all guessing until the end!
As may wife tells everyone she can before they go in: Pay attention to the days of the week, and the clothes she is wearing in order to sort through the mystery. Hurry! It ENDS THIS WEEK!!!
PREMONITION (PG-13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
Fri : (5:15)  8:15
Sat : (2:15)  (5:15)  8:15
Sun : (2:15)  (5:15)
Mon thru Thurs : 6:45 PM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
AVON SUMMER FILM CLASSES!!
Overlooked Films Part V - WKS 8585

Sect. 01:  Thurs., June 7th - July 26th     Time:  6:30 - 9:00+ (?) p.m.

Instructor:  Skip Huston

Place:  Avon Theatre, Downtown Decatur     Cost:  $80

Here is the latest edition of the most popular of the Avon Film Class series!  Avon Theatre owner and film historian Skip Huston handpicks movies from many different genres that you have probably never heard of, yet will be some of your newest favorite films!  Many fabulous films with major stars and critical acclaim simply fly below the radar in the ultra-competitive film business.  This means you never have a chance to see some really great movies!  Now, thanks to the Overlooked Film Classes, you can spend 8 weeks in the summer screening and discussing many movies that will astound you with their quality yet might be ones you have no prior knowledge of at all!  Find out how hundreds of Decatur people spend their summers at The Avon for Overlooked Film Classes!
CONTACT THE ADULT LEARNING CENTER AT RICHLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE TO ENROLL!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
HOT-DOGS ARE A HIT!!

NACHOS ARE STILL ON-THE-WAY!!

Because of the lack of available space in The Avon's concession area, we have to display

the hot-dogs in the Twins only...However, all are welcome to go over there to get one or

two (or 30 or 40) and bring them over to the main Avon!!

Remember, these aren't cheap-o dogs, but BallPark all-beef franks!!

Now you can plan to have lunch or dinner at The Avon!!!

(And on Sundays, when all of the downtown restaurants are closed---don't get me started

on how absolutely stupid that is---you can at least get some 'dogs at The Avon!!)
BIG DOIN'S IN DOWNTOWN!!

Yup, those naysayers will have to eat some well-deserved crow now that the ground-breaking

for the 20 million dollar project in the 300 block of North Water has begun!

It has been a long time coming, but progress in "our" neck of the woods is on the way!!

(Gee, do you actually think we might get a restaurant nearby that not only is open on Sundays, but

serves a little later at night too???)
HEADS-UP!!

TICKET PRICES GOING UP!!
Effective this weekend, the nighttime Adult ticket prices are raised from

$6.50 to $7.00. This is still 50 cents below the "other guys", and we have

better popcorn and bigger screens than they do to boot! :-)

The Student/Senior and Matinee prices stay the same at $5.50.

You can still buy Adult 10 movie "Season Passes" at the old rate for one more

month!!!  Better snatch them up!
Come See Me This Weekend!!

It's Going to be Rainy and Cool!!
That early Spring-like weather is gone now for a bit!

So....It's PERFECT MOVIE-GOING WEATHER!!!