[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Tue Aug 14 13:22:51 EDT 2007

WEEK OF FRIDAY, AUG. 17th thru THURSDAY, AUG. 23rd ONLY!

OPENING FRIDAY:
RESCUE DAWN (PG13) Starring Christian Bale and Steve Zahn ONE WEEK ONLY!!
NO RESERVATIONS (PG13) Starring Catherine Zeta-Jones and Aaron Eckhart FRI, SAT & SUN ONLY!!

CONTINUING:
THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM (PG13) Matt Damon
BECOMING JANE (PG) Anne Hathaway

COMING NEXT WEEK:
THE NANNY DIARIES (PG13) Starring Scarlett Johansson and Laura Linney

 RESCUE DAWN (PG13) Legendary filmmaker Werner Herzog takes the subject of his earlier documentary on this amazing true story, and makes it into a first-class action-adventure! Christian Bale, who keeps garnering attention in most every role he plays, and the comic-actor Steve Zahn, here taking a rare and inspired dramatic turn, perform above and beyond your expectations! The reviews on this have been mostly excellent, and it has been touted as an intelligent alternative to much of the mindless action films of this Summer!
This is a One-Week-Only "LIMITED ENGAGEMENT", so don't delay!

RESCUE DAWN (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets mean $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI, SAT & SUN: 8:15
MON thru THURS: 6:30

NO RESERVATIONS (PG13) We didn't have the screen available when this first came out 3 weeks ago, and, even though we had promoted it for several weeks, we had to reluctantly let it go. Many of you have asked if we will still be getting it, and I have learned to "never say never"...
This romantic remake of the German-language "Mostly Martha" (which we played at the Avon several years ago) is a real delightful story about a workaholic restaurant chef (Catherine Zeta-Jones) and the new chef who invades "her" kitchen (played by Aaron Eckhart).
She is also "invaded" by a niece she now has to raise, played by "Little Miss Sunshine" herself, Abigail Breslin!
We are only showing this FRIDAY, SATURDAY & SUNDAY, and all shows are just $5.50 for everyone!
 NO RESERVATIONS (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets mean $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (5:15)
SAT & SUN: (2:15) - (5:15)

BECOMING JANE (PG) If someone asked you to define the term "Avon movie", this would be the answer! Anne Hathaway in a fictionalized take on what authoress Jane Austen's inspiration for her 6 iconic books "might" have been. There are factual elements here as well, but be prepared for a sweeping and luscious journey to another, less hectic and more graceful, time and place. Rounding out the cast is Maggie Smith, Julie Walters and the ever-present James Cromwell. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
BECOMING JANE (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets mean $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")

THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM (PG13) Oh, how we hated that this opened on Decatur Celebration weekend! That is, typically, not a weekend of much business for us, and we thought we had forever lost the opening weekend momentum! THEN...Something incredible happened last weekend!! It seems that our loyal fanbase had merely waited for a week until the inconvenience and razzle-dazzle of Celebration was over! In fact, while the rest of the country took an expected 50% drop in ticket sales on this, we went UP almost 20%!! God Bless those Avon fans!! Matt Damon and a stellar cast bring a breathless and intelligent thriller right to the brink of exhaustive frenzy! This one moves at a lightning pace, and will not disappoint, that's for sure! HURRY! ENDS SOON!!
THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets mean $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")

LOTS to see at Huston's Avon Theater 3 this weekend!!
Come See Me Soon!!