[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Apr 11 17:55:48 EDT 2007

WEEK OF FRIDAY, APRIL 13th thru THURSDAY, APRIL 19th ONLY!!

OPENING FRIDAY:
THE HOAX (R) Starring Richard Gere and a distinguished supporting cast!

CONTINUING:
MISS POTTER (PG) Starring Renee Zellweger and Ewan McGregor
BLADES OF GLORY (PG13) Starring Will Ferrell and Jon Heder (ENDS SOON!)

SPECIAL EVENT:
FRIDAY the 13th at 10:30 PM:
Troy Taylor's Supernatural Spookshow--Part Two!!

COMING NEXT WEEK:
THE LOOKOUT (R) (One-Week-Only!)
ZODIAC (R) (One-Week-Only!)
LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA (R) (FRI, SAT & SUN ONLY!!)

THE HOAX (R-language) Here is the long-awaited and highly-acclaimed film of the 1971-72 scandal that rocked the publishing world! Richard Gere in one of the finest performances of his life portraying Clifford Irving, the author who scammed his way into a lucrative book contract on totally bogus grounds. The supporting cast is remarkable too, with Stanley Tucci, Alfred Molina, Hope Davis and Marcia Gay Harden. The director is the fine Lasse Hallstrom (CHOCOLAT, THE CIDER HOUSE RULES) so you know you are in good hands there!! This is AN AVON EXCLUSIVE, and one of the BEST MOVIES you will see this Spring!
THE HOAX (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
Fri:  (4:00) -  7:00
Sat: (1:00) - ( 4:00) -  7:00
Sun: (1:00) -  ( 4:00) -  7:00
Mon-Thurs: 6:45

MISS POTTER (PG) Wow, did everyone fall in love with this one last weekend! This romantic and beautiful filming of the life of children's author Beatrix Potter, will win your heart for sure! The always-sensational Renee Zellweger and Ewan McGregor star with Avon favorite Emily Watson in a not-to-be-missed movie! AN AVON EXCLUSIVE!!
MISS POTTER (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
Fri: (5:00) -  8:00
Sat: (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
Sun: (2:00) - ( 5:00)
Mon-Thurs:  7:15

BLADES OF GLORY  (PG13) Are you ready to laugh?? Are you ready for some of those belly-laughs where you start to snort?? This is the one you need to see! This will not change your world, or help the ecology, or cure any diseases, but it WILL make you forget your troubles for a couple hours! Will Ferrell is absolutely shameless in his quest to crack you up! Hurry! ENDS SOON!!!

BLADES OF GLORY (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
Fri: (5:15) -  8:15
Sat: (2:15) - (5:15) - 8:15
Sun:( 2:15) - ( 5:15)
Mon-Thurs:   7:20

Troy Taylor's SUPERNATURAL SPOOKSHOW--Part 2 (PG) Troy returns with another double-feature of some old and venerated black & white horror classics, plus short subjects and other assorted folderol. If you thought GRINDHOUSE was a good idea, but a little too self-absorbed, here is the answer to that! See the eerie cult classic CARNIVAL OF SOULS and then the British ghost-story anthology DEAD OF NIGHT all starting at 10:30 PM on FRIDAY the 13th (eeeeeeeek!!!). Troy will introduce these in-person, and may even autograph one of his books for you if you ask nicely. ADMISSION ONLY $5.00, and it IS suitable for all ages (within reason, of course).
Troy Taylor's SUPERNATURAL SPOOKSHOW--Part 2 (PG)
FRIDAY THE 13th @ 10:30 PM ONLY!
Admission Only $5.00

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I don't know about you, but I feel this is the worst Winter I have ever seen!
It started with that infernal ICE STORM in early December, and went to blazes from that point on!
Now, well into April, it STILL feels like December!!!
Of course, weather like this helps our business, but it also drives up our heating bills!
(In fact, we had turned the boilers off last week, and had to crank them up again!)
I put the sweaters and long-sleeve shirts away along with the winter coats, and then had to drag them out again!
(For those of you who know me pretty well, you know that I DETEST COLD WEATHER!! My idea of paradise is 90 degrees and not a cloud on the sky!)

Well, guess what ,folks? I am looking at this weekend's weather forecast, and it looks like it is more of the same!!
So, outside it may be frightful, but inside The Avon is delightful (apologies to Bing Crosby)---
OR, howsabout this:
It may be freezin' out there, but The Avon is MIAMI BEACH!!!
(or something like that)....

Come See Me This Weekend!
I'll be Looking for You and You and....YOU!!!

Skip Huston